There's a better way to personalize your website experience. With myConnection, the profile you create allows you to set up a unique starting point for the tasks and transactions that you want to complete in your time on this website. Use myConnection to gather the information that you most care about from across this website into one central location, giving you greater control over how you connect with your community.
The Battle Creek Linear Park offers a beautiful and safe trail for walking, jogging, cycling, and skating. It joins many picturesque spots for fishing in the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo rivers, canoeing or a picnic. Over 25 miles of paved pathway winds through wooded areas, open fields, parks, and even some commercial areas.
Hop on or off the Linear Park trail at the most convenient spot. If you need to drive, there are several parking sites near the pathway - Friendship Park and Bailey Park are two convenient places to park and pick up the trail.
Where do we go from here?
Once you're on the park you'll discover that it's more than just trails. You'll find recreational and educational opportunities at every turn, including picnicking, playgrounds and even a fishing deck. You'll experience the natural beauty of flowing waterways, wooded lots, open spaces, a modern and growing city center, neighborhoods, schools and more.
If it's a workout you're looking for, the Battle Creek Parks and Recreation Department has developed four "loops" to test your endurance. You'll end at the same place you began. All you have to do is pick a loop and follow the color-coded signs.
• The Blue Loop begins at Kellogg Community College and travels west for 7.1 miles.
• The Red Loop Begins at McCamly Street and travels east for 6.73 miles.
• The Purple Loop takes you around 10.3 miles of the park, beginning at McCamly Street.
• If you're "just pacing yourself" try the Green Loop around Spring Lake on the campus of Kellogg Community College.
A Park That Does Circles Around The Rest
The Battle Creek Linear Park offers unlimited recreational AND educational opportunities. With more than 25 miles of paved pathway, the park is perfect for a brisk jog or a leisurely stroll. Unlike some parks, the Linear Park has no admission charge and no "front gate." The Linear Park meanders throughout greater Battle Creek, and you can get "on" the park almost anywhere.
For the out-of-town visitor, perhaps the best place to get "on the park" is located across the bridge near Friendship Park in downtown Battle Creek. There you'll find plenty of free parking. Bring your favorite equipment (even if it's just a pair of comfortable walking shoes). Linear fun is for Everyone!
A Few Safety Reminders
To make your experience on the Linear Park more enjoyable, please follow these safety tips:
• No motor vehicles permitted.
• The Linear Park closes 1/2 hour after sunset.
• Keep all dogs on a leash.
• Stay to the right of the path so faster users can pass you safely.
• No speed cycling.
• Be careful crossing streets on the Linear Park.
• The Linear Park is handicapped accessible.